An open source map tool with real-time collaboration
Mapus is a tool to explore and annotate collaboratively on a map. You can draw, add markers, lines, areas, find places to go, observe other users, and much more.
Since real-time multiplayer can get expensive (even though Firebase has a pretty generous free plan), you'll need to self-host Mapus to use it.
- 🙌 Real-time collaboration to help plan trips synchronously
- ✏️ Draw to highlight areas on the map
- 📏 Create lines to designate paths and measure distance
- 📐 Create areas to mark different zones
- 📍 Create markers to save places on the map
- ☕️ Find places and things to do nearby
- 🔍 Search and navigate to specific places
- 👀 Observe other users by clicking on their avatar
- 📝 View a list of all the annotations, and toggle their visibility
- 💾 Export the map data as GeoJSON
- ...and much more - all for free!
It's basically Google's MyMaps, except it has real-time collaboration.